2011 - 2013
Senior Software ConsultantSogeti USA
Maricopa County Superior Courts
Integrated Courts Information System (iCIS) Application
The Court Technology Services (CTS) department was in the process of upgrading the legacy iCIS system to new technologies utilizing SQL Server 2008, ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, Telerik and Entity Framework. The new process allowed staff to track initial interview details, provide recommendations to commissioners, release order requirements and schedule hearings.
- Created a system to administrator and schedule Judicial Officer calendar times. The Judical Officer scheduling integrated directly to the process for assigning defendant appearance dates and times.
- Improved performance and design of existing forms and defendant search capabilities utilizing jQuery, AJAX, Entity Framework and a variety of Telerik extensions
Juvenile Billing Project
Enhanced, refactored and implemented new features in the legacy juvenile billing system.
- Worked closely with several Business Analysis gathering and architecting requested updates and modifications
- Refactored code and database to updated development standards
- Document procedure to add new obligations to the system
- Fixed numerous rounding and incorrect balancing errors
- Updated reports
2007 - 2011
.NET Software Developer - LeadXYZ Digital Wallet, Ltd.
Responsibilities included managing and developing all business critical software, databases,production and test environments. The technical infrastructure consisted of 30+ web sites web services, and windows service. In addition to individual project accomplishments provided technical support to all internal departments, provided merchants with integration support and worked one on one with banks and third party processors.
First Data Credit Card Processing Integration Project
The First Data integration application consisted of standalone assemblies, windows services and a database. The functional components were designed to be scalable and work independently without reliance on existing XYZ Digital Wallet components. The application required a multi-processing approach that included provisioning merchants, authorizing transactions and uploading transactions in batches for settlement. The final product enabled the XYZ Digital Wallet system to integrate without any need to modify the core XYZ Digital Wallet infrastructure or components.
- Designed the database structure to store merchant provisioning data
- Developed the libraries and consumed First Data Web Services for real time provisioning
- Designed and developed an online interface for XYZ Digital Wallet employees to initiate provisioning and track provisioning status
- Designed the database structure for transaction authorization and settlement batching
- Worked with First Data to integrate the batching functionality through SFTP using Rebex components.
- Added authorize, capture, execute, and void methods to be consumed by the existing XYZ Digital Wallet application
- Created a Windows Service responsible for uploading, downloading and validating batch results.
- Created documentation detailing the complete functional specifications
Payment Card Industry (PCI) Compliance Project
The PCI project required analyzing the existing business practices and technology infrastructure to determine the requirements needed for the company to become PCI certified. This project consisted of performing all the necessary tasks required to take the business from zero percent to one hundred percent compliant. After project completion the company passed the PCI audit and received Level 1 PCI certification.
The effort required refactoring existing code, implementing data encryption, migrating to a new hosting center, restructuring employee roles and developing comprehensive IT policies and procedures.
- Established a relationship and worked closely with PCI consultants that assisted with initial evaluation through the final audit process
- Re-factored all system code to comply with PCI requirements
- Researched and established relationship with new datacenter that offered security and managed hosting that was compliant with PCI standards.
- Migrated all systems, assemblies, 30+ web sites/services, windows services and 60+ gigabyte database to the new datacenter.
- Created all necessary IT policies and standards
- Added new technologies such as a AppliCure web application firewall, Protegrity encryption, and auditing tools
XYZ Digital Wallet Merchant Portal Project
The XYZ Digital Wallet merchant portal provided an all-in-one tool for administering merchant/partner/reseller/staff accounts, transactions and payout reporting.
- Analyzed existing system structure and code
- Re-factored transaction administration process flow.
- Enhanced reporting system to include options to download reports in Excel or PDF formats and added customized reporting for the accounting department
- Provided continuous support and enhancements as business required
- Re-factored stored procedures, modified indexes and created new tables to improve performance
- Added email notification alerts when critical errors where encountered.
- Added automated phone notifications when processors did not respond
XYZ Digital Wallet Membership Transaction Project
Developed an assembly that could be used as a plug-in to the existing gateway processing options that handled recurring payments.
- Create a membership assembly with related database that would handle creating membership/subscription transactions
- Added events to existing Core XYZ Digital Wallet assemblies and registered those events in the membership assembly
- Create Windows Service that periodically check to see if member accounts required rebilling or cancellation
- Designed accompanying database
XYZ Digital Wallet Integration Gateway Projects
Developed and supported multiple methods for merchants to process transactions, including Web Services, form posts and custom hosted payment pages. Integrated custom site tracking logic for hosted payment pages using third-party tagging such as Google analytics and Webtrends.
2005 - 2007
.NET Software Developer - SeniorMotorWeb, Inc
Introduced Object-Oriented Programming concepts to the existing team and demonstrated the process for moving business and data access code from the presentation layer into individual libraries. In addition demonstrated the need and process for registering assemblies in the GAC for cross application utilization.
Product Management System Project
The product management system was a windows application designed to allow product managers to uploaded and manage drop shipping business data sheets. The application allowed managers to associate groups of products with MotorWeb standardized categories and sub-categories. Differently formatted data files could be imported along with the ability to import product images in bulk with the ability to auto format image size. Thousands of products could be made live on the external e-commerce web site with no need for assistance from the e-commerce development team.
- Designed the database, table structure and stored procedures to store imported data.
- Developed a Windows Form application that was used internally to manage products with functionality that required users to update the application when a new release was available.
- Worked with third-party components that allowed automatically adding watermark to images and resizing for e-commerce site standardization
Code Replication and Code Versioning Project
Research and analize code replication and code versioning technologies
- Implemented SourceGear Vault and trained team how to use with Visual Studio
- Configured Replication software to be used for production replication
1998 - 2005
Software Developer - SeniorApollo Group, Inc
Student Data Migration Project
Developed and implemented a strategy that consisted of collecting data from multiple sources which included Site Server on SQL Server 6.5, email accounts on MS Exchange 5, and data from Oracle. The data was massaged and inserted into Active Directory, SQL Server 2000 and Microsoft Exchange 2000
- Created an Visual Basic Windows application that was used as a tool to extract data from the legacy sources and push the data into the new systems designed by the Microsoft development team
- Performed web server load testing and reported results to the business and Microsoft consultants
Marketing Site Management Project
Created a web based tool used by the marketing department to quickly develop standardized marketing sites used to collect student leads.
- Created web site to manage and create new marketing sites.
- Implemented RadEditor to give users ability to control the look and feel of the web sites.
- Created a standardized markup language to allow placement of form fields within the customized sites.
- Created a system to request DNS Cname setup
Alumni Network Portal Project
Created a web based portal for the University Alumni Network.
- Created a username/password accessible web site that verified against student records for access
- Created functionality for employers to post job postings and associated site for alumni to search and apply for posted jobs
- Created functionality for alumni to order transcripts and diplomas
- Created functionality where the alumni network employees could post news and upcoming alumni events.
- Created functionality for staff to manage and post available scholarships
University Store Project
Created the first interactive version of the university store.
- Integrated with PayflowPro to process credit cards
- Integrated with UPS to easily print shipping labels and apply shipping charges
- Created customer facing web site for search and purchasing products
- Created internal web site for order management
Change Request Submittal Project
Created a form with workflow logic to allow tracking and approval of IT department system changes.
Copy Center Request Submittal Project
Create a form with workflow logic to allow employees to submit documents to the corporate copy center.
Faculty Grade Entry Project
Created an online system that allowed faculty to enter student grades.
Corporate Intranet Project
Created the first version of the corporate intranet/portal. The system consisted of an employee phone lookup, classified ads and corporate news section.
University Main Marketing Site Project
Created the first interactive university marketing site, which included campus location lookup and campus course lookup.
2001 - 2003
Master of ScienceUniversity of Phoenix
Major: Computer Information Systems
1992 - 1996
B.A, Liberal Arts and SciencesUniversity of Kansas